Friday, October 17, 2008

The Summer Trip

Well, way, way, way back prior to the days of learning, we took a little family vacation. We decided to drive to ABQ, then fly to Love Field. From Love we flew to New Orleans, a city I had never visited before, and then we rented a car for our journey across the southern coast of the US over to the Florida panhandle. Our destination was Destin.

We went to Destin several years ago with Mike, Robin, and Summer back when I took my year off from Lowery. At that time, we rented a monster huge house. This time we went condo, and the condo was great. It was way up high and we had a great view of the ocean. We went for little dips in the ocean waters as well as did a little swimming in the condo pools. The funny part was looking for crabs at night...they were creepy!! Very, very little crabs and the exact same color as the sandy beaches. Yes, that means without even knowing it, we were walking on the little guys every time we were on the sand. Yuck!!

After several days in Destin, we went back to N.O. The plan was to spend the night there for our flight back early the next morning. I had never been in the party city, so we took a trip down Bourbon Street...yes, with the kids! Not the wisest choice of my life, but Joshua most certainly found it...educational! Actually, he said he like the pics on the walls of the girls without shirts on!! Yep, that is Brandon's boy alright!!

Anyway, I tried my first N.O. hurricane...and traded it in for a mango something or other. Hurricane was a bit too overwhelming for me, so Bjak had to drink it all and this was not a little hurricane!!

Overall it was a cultural experience. We went from the middle of nowhere, to sin city #2, to the redneck riviera and back again!!



***Preview***

Next up is Colorado Colors

1 comment:

Kelli Nørgaard said...

ok, cannot wait to see the Colorado Colors...
but can I just say that Miss Riley gets more beautiful every time I see her!

And I love the pic of the 4 of you.. Jakino fam is looking pretty happy!!!!